We hardly pay attention to our garage doors when they are running smoothly. But it is not uncommon to find yourself staring at a stubborn garage door that would simply refuse to operate. Garage door systems are a heavy piece of machinery composed of so many interconnected, moving parts, some of which even support its weight. Everyday use and neglected health may result in your garage door behaving erratically. But make no mistake. It can even take a dangerous turn when the garage door suddenly come crashing down due to some malfunctioning part.
We bring to you some common, but risky, garage door problems that you may encounter. While some of these may not require you to call a professional, you must not undertake any repair job yourself. Call Garage Door Repair Corpus Christi, your local, reputable and 24/7 garage door repair company services Corpus Christi and surrounding areas.
- Stuck garage doors
Facing a stuck door is probably the most common garage door problem. If you are not able to open or close your garage door, chances are that problem lies with the batteries on your remote. If this is not the issue, unfortunately the source can be one of the many reasons such as detached safety cable, broken springs, blocked optic sensors, unevenly hung garage door etc. Instead of investigating the problem yourself, it is possible to call an experienced garage door professional who can immediately identify the right root cause and get to the job efficiently.
- Unexpected loud noises
Loud squeaking or grinding noises are a big sign that your garage door needs maintenance. Tightening the nuts, bolts and hinges, lubricating the necessary parts or clearing the garage door track of any debris may usually resolve the unexpected sound issues. If it still doesn’t, call a garage door services company to go the root cause and fix the problem accordingly.
- Garage door closes too quickly
A garage door that is falling with more speed than it normally does can be a serious safety threat. It can cause deadly injuries to an unsuspecting person operating the door. A broken or damaged torsion spring is the most likely trigger for this problem. Springs support the weight of the garage door and any problem with this important component may result in the door moving too down too quickly. It can also be due to damaged or worn out safety cables that hols the springs in place. Both these parts, that counter the heavy weight of the garage door, are under tremendous pressure and tension. It can be very dangerous to repair or replace any of these parts without proper tools, training and knowledge. Call a garage door professional to perform the repair.
- Garage door reverses nears the bottom
If your garage door starts to close down and reverses as it reaches the ground, more often than not it is due to abnormal close force setting. The close force setting is a safety feature that makes the garage door go back in case there is an obstruction, such as a pet, child or any object, in the path of a moving garage door. This action could also be a result of accumulation of debris on the tracks. Make sure the track is free of dirt, mud or any debris and try again. If the problem persists, the close force setting may need some re-adjustment.
If you are stuck with any issue with your garage door, call the most professional, affordable and local garage door services company in Corpus Christi. Call Garage Door Repair Corpus Christi at (361) 444-2768. We will immediately send over our expert team to assess your situation and guarantee same day service.
Garage Door Services in Corpus Christi
- Residential garage door & opener installation in Corpus Christi
- Commercial garage door & opener installation in Corpus Christi
- Garage door openers installation, repair and adjustment
- Broken garage door springs repair and replacement
- Garage door safety cable repair and installation
- Garage door drum installation and repair services
- Bent garage door track repair
- Bent garage door panel repair
- Weather seal installation or weather stripping
- 24/7 emergency garage door repair
- Garage door parts replacement
- Garage door maintenance services
- Garage door inspection services
- Alignment and adjustment services
Why should you choose our Garage door company in Corpus Christi?
- We have licensed, fully insured and certified garage door professionals
- We have invested in the right tools and trainings for all our technicians so that they have the right skill set and expertise to deal with any type of garage door repair or installation job.
- We have highly professional and experienced technicians.
- We are available 24 x 7, 365 days a year to fix any garage door issue.
- One stop shop for all your routine or emergency garage door requirements