All garage door openers manufactured after 1993 are required by US Federal law to have auto-reverse feature. Whether it is the standard auto-reverse mechanism or the photo eyes sensors, the purpose is to stop the heavy garage door in its tracks and send it back if someone happens to be trapped beneath a moving garage door. These features can avert potentially life-threatening accidents. But like with any piece of equipment, it is possible that your opener suddenly stop functioning. Extensive wear and tear because of daily usage or extreme weather conditions may result in faulty or damaged opener. But you can be proactive and prevent unfortunate garage down accidents and breakdowns. How?
- Read the garage door owner’s manual carefully and be updated about the door’s safety features.
- Learn how to use the emergency release feature in case of power outage.
- Make sure the garage door opener is kept or mounted out of the reach of small children.
- Talk to your children about the safety protocols they need to follow regarding the garage door. And repeat this conversation often. Garage is definitely not a place for children to play around. It is heavy and supporting parts like garage door springs and safety cables are under enormous amount of tension and pressure. Any unforeseen problem or neglect can cause a heavy garage door crushing down leading to unimaginable consequences.
- Your garage door needs regular inspection. And if you see any signs of wear and tear or damage, don’t try to fix it yourself. You may cause further damage costing your more money or repairs or replacement or it may lead to sever injuries.
- Check the auto-reverse mechanism every month.
- Make sure you don’t leave while the garage door is still closing.
Automatic Garage Door Repair and Maintenance Services in Corpus Christi
Garage Door Repair Corpus Christi has been proudly servicing the greater Corpus Christi area for many years. Stuck with an unexpected issue with your garage door that need immediate attention? Broken torsion springs or garage door is not closing down and going up smoothly? Don’t try to repair any damaged part yourself. Your garage door is a very heavy machine, weighing more than hundreds of pounds. Can you imagine the impact of a falling garage door is something goes wrong with springs and safety cables that hold the springs?
Our garage door technicians know what can be wrong with your garage door and opener. We are equipped with the right tools, high quality garage door parts and know the underlying challenges that come with garage door repair and maintenance procedures. A professional will know what safety precautions to take while inspecting and repairing any component of your garage door. So it si always safe to call a professional.
Professional services from Garage Door Repair Corpus Christi
- Residential garage door installation
- Commercial garage door installation
- Garage door openers installation, repair and adjustment
- Garage door maintenance and inspection
- Broken garage door springs repair services
- Broken/damaged garage door cable repair services
- Garage door drum installation and repair services
- Bent garage door track repair
- Bent door panel repair
- Weather seal installation
- 24/7 emergency garage door repair
- Garage door parts services
- Garage door maintenance services
- Garage door inspection